Time and time again, we swivel around in our chairs and it leaves scratch marks on the wall. Most of us tend to ignore it but eventually they become sort of an eye sore. Don’t think about painting just yet as that can be time consuming and also costly. Let’s first examine the scratch marks, is it a result of the furniture’s color? In the video below, the black high back chair actually has some black paint at the back hence the black scratch marks on the wall. If this is the case then it can be easily removed. If the marks have gone beyond the paint then it might be more difficult.
Also note that this was an oil based painted wall so water and soap didn’t remove the paint. I’d be more careful with water-based painted walls.
THINGS YOU NEED:
- 1 L of Clean Water
- 1 Clean Microfiber Cloth
- A drop of multi-purpose soap
- A sponge
1. Wipe down the wall with a clean microfiber cloth. You want to make sure you remove dirt and any bits of paint that have come off the wall.
2. Dip your sponge in clean water and spray multi-purpose soap on the abrasive part of the sponge.
3. Hold the sponge up to the scuff marks and begin scrubbing the wall in circular motion. Here you really shouldn’t apply that much pressure because you can actually remove the paint. This part is time consuming because you’re being careful but it’s worth it in the end.
4. Once you’re satisfied with the cleanliness of the wall, take a clean damp microfiber cloth and clean the wall. You want to remove the dirt you scrubbed off and also any of the furniture paint residue.
5. Let it dry
Easy as 1,2, 3. If you want to check out our video, feel free to view it here.